Friday, September 25, 2009

Team Spirit

Over the years I have made many afghans for many people, working tirelessly for days and nights to neatly crochet the perfect blanket for that special someone which will keep them warm through many nights and reflect their personality in colors and texture. Choosing that perfect pattern and color combination is an essential piece of the process, and never has that been more true when creating an afghan to show team spirit. Not my team, mind you, but my rival team.

Yup, that's right, I'm crocheting an afghan in Miami Dolphins colors. During football season. Against my better judgement that it may jinx my beloved team. There is only one person I would do this for. And it must mean that I really like him.


I have to admit, at first I was turned off by this color combination - I have seen it garishly displayed in team gear both on the field and off. But we carefully chose very rich shades of the three colors (Teal, Orange and White) and selected a pattern suited to this combination. And I have to say, it's coming along nicely. I will post an update on the afghan's progress shortly, which is faring quite better than the team itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment