Tuesday, September 22, 2009

baby hats

I love knitting baby hats--they are just so quick and rewarding. So when Heather emailed to ask for the pattern for a viking hat I had knit for a co-workers baby, I jumped at the chance to knit it for her. The pattern's originally from the blog Chile con Yarne, but unfortunately, it looks like it's no longer available after the author saw that people were using the pattern to make and sell the hat on Etsy. Annnnyway, it's a really cute hat.

It's coming along well so far...knitting up quickly, and I haven't even had to take out any rows yet (laugh it up, girls...I always get a hard time over what the knitting triangle thinks are crazy perfectionist tendencies). The one problem I DO see down the line is that big ball of tangled yarn sitting behind the hat. I grabbed an end and started knitting, and it just kept getting worse and worse. We'll see what happens, but I don't think it's going to end well...




















Here's the last version I made...perhaps I needed to work on the sizing a bit.















In other (unrelated) news, I want to buy a good pair of sunglasses. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment