Monday, September 28, 2009

Getting organized

It seems lately that my style has morphed into wearing mostly black and white and accesorizing with the brightest earrings, necklaces, and scarves that I can find. So needless to say my accessory collections are getting way out of hand. A month or two ago I spotted this on my Google Reader http://teresafranco.typepad.com/blog/2009/07/framed-accessories-.html and promptly hit "Add Star". I knew I wanted to make it, it was just a question of when.

The when happened this weekend when a trip to visit my parents landed me at Michaels. My mom was also interested in organizing her huge collection of earrings (we are So Good addicts) so I decided to pick up the supplies.

We put them together and were hanging my mom's earrings when we hit a snafu. She had some hoops and some with a leverback closure that didn't work with the plastic canvas. She quickly dismissed the project saying if she couldn't hang all the earrings, she didn't see the point.

Enter my dad... My dad came up from his workshop with some pieces of hanger and some pliers to create this. A little bar to hang the earrings on. It worked out great.


So we finished up my mom's and I immediately ran to my earring collection the second I got to my apartment. Here are our finished products (it's not hard to figure out who's is who's. But notice the heart obsession carries through generations).



1 comment: