Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Best Gifts In Life Are Free

When people think about crafting gifts, they often assume it will be cheaper than actually buying something. This is typically not the case, at least for myself. When I come up with an idea, it always seems simple enough. But then after three trips to three different stores, I usually end up with a handful of expensive supplies and tools that I didn't realize I needed. And then factor in the time. If I actually "paid myself" for the time spent crafting, I'd be rich. (Of course, I wouldn't be able to afford myself).

In these days of tight budgets it's always wonderful to stumble upon a cheap handmade gift idea. To find one that is free, simple, and quick is like hitting the lotto. And for it to end up as something that people actually enjoy? Well, that right there is gift giving ectasy.

I've found the perfect free quick and easy gift. Fabric wrapped hangers. If you haven't received them yet, rest assured, you will by next Christmas!!

I was inspired by this tutorial at Corrieberry Pie. She created the hangers as a method of displaying the jewelery she is selling on Etsy (currently her shop is closed).

Simply put, you cut strips of scrap fabric (and don't be fussy, it's not going to matter if they are uniform!) Find some old plastic hangers, and using dabs of hot glue, wrap the strips around the hangers. Voila. It couldn't be easier. And they were a big hit with the ladies, I assure you!

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to get these as a gift from Kristen and LOVE them! (the pink ones are mine obvs)

    ReplyDelete