Saturday, March 13, 2010

Easter Wreath


I am a chronic early decorator for the holidays. I took out my Easter decorations about two weeks ago. After decorating my apartment it still lacked spring cheer (especially after being covered in hearts) and the one big thing I was missing was a wreath. I contemplated making one out of blown out eggs but after a few disastrous tries last year I decided I needed to take another route.

After an extensive internet search I came upon a silk flower wreath. I've always hated fake flowers but I decided to channel my grandmother's love of decorating with artificial flowers and headed to my local craft to pick up my supplies. And I came upon one realization: fake flowers are really expensive. So I left empty handed. Fast forward to a few days later and a trip to the dollar store and I was well equipped to make the wreath

And I made it for a whopping $6. And it's pretty cool. How can you go wrong with 2 for $1 glitter egg and bunnies? All you need is a foam ring and fake flowers that are on wire stems. Cut the wire stems about 2" and just stick them in as you see fit.


2 comments:

  1. hey this is great! love the COLOR and glitter eggs...! i think i'll make one, i need some spring cheer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i passed on a Lovely Blogger award to you because i heart your creations!

    http://missmakesalot.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-love-pixies-and-bears-and-ice-cream.html

    ReplyDelete