Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Heart Craft Day #9: Felt Coasters


These felt coasters are really simple:

Cut two pieces of 4" x 4" felt and one piece of 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" fabric. Fold one piece of felt in half and cut a heart shape on the folded edge. Layer the fabrics - uncut felt on the bottom, fabric with printed side up next, and the cut piece of felt on top. I embroidered a running stitch around the heart shape and a blanket stitch around the edges. But be creative! (Those are honestly the only two embroidery stitches I know) These can even be stitched on a machine if you are so inclined.

It looks like we'll be snowed in the for the latter part of the day tomorrow so I'm going to be attemping a craft we've featured on our blog but with, of course, a heart twist... and if it comes out as planned I'm going to wrap it up and give it to my special Valentine.


No comments:

Post a Comment