Thursday, January 6, 2011

Potholders




Every year I decide to make way too many of my Christmas gifts and this year was no different. After failing at a few sewing projects, I came across this awesome tutorial for potholders. These are the quickest cutest gifts that whip up super fast. It's a great stash buster craft too... But since I spend tons of time wandering the aisles of Joann Fabrics on my lunch break, I took advantage of the chance to buy all the great prints I've been coveting.


I followed this tutorial pretty faithfully. The batting is called Insul Brite and I found it at my local Joanns. I cut my squares 9" x 9" and used 1/2" seam allowance and then cut off the excess/squared them up with my rotary cutter. I also only quilted 4 or 5 rows as I found my fabric was shifting during topstitching and I was nervous about the fabric bunching up if I topstitched all the way. (Time to invest in a walking foot!). These sew up so quick... I think I made 3 pairs in an hour.


1 comment:

  1. um, faabulous! these are so cute...handmade gifts rule :)

    ReplyDelete