Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Project Completed

I'd like to start off by saying that there is nothing better than wearing a pair of handmade socks on a cold day.

With that being said, I started a pair of socks in late March that were still unfinished as of a few days ago. I went to my local yarn store looking for something that stood out and I stumbled on Noro Sock yarn. The colors are bright and the combinations are lovely. The yarn was a big pricey but I decided to treat myself.

I searched around the internet looking for a pattern and came across a few reviews of the yarn. Most people were unhappy that the yarn became chunky in areas but I must say it didn't bother me. I think it adds a bit of character and I'm far from a perfectionist (as evidenced by the sock colorway not matching). What I was disappointed in was, getting down to the last few inches of my second sock, I found the yarn was knotted. I had to cut the knots out in a few parts and tie the yarn back together. My least favorite thing is finding your yarn is all tangled, especially when you dropped $15 on a skein.

Otherwise I'm very happy with how the socks came and am even more happier to have finished the long outstanding project. I will admit that I am not rushing to make another pair anytime soon, although the technique of knitting two socks on one needle could be enough to get me back on the sock making horse.


3 comments:

  1. i LOVE these. what pattern did you use?? it might be time to knit myself a pair of socks. i don't understand how some bloggers seem to just knit millions of pairs of socks...i am more of a one-pair-per-year kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the pattern so long ago, I'm not sure where I found it. I don't understand how people can pump out socks either... I'm up to 2 pair this year and am actually itching to start another pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you make two on one needle? i need to try to make socks again. i still have one half-finished one on needles, but the thought of going back to it makes me queasy.

    ReplyDelete